I know I said I wouldn’t be blogging for a few weeks but I couldn’t help myself! A lot of people ask me about good foundation and concealer, so I thought I would do a little review of the Urban Decay Naked Skin range. I normally use MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation, which I swear by, but during my pregnancy I couldn’t use it at all, it just didn’t sit well on my skin and really dried it out.
I am a huge fan of Urban Decay eyeshadows, primers and make-up setting spray but had never really considered their foundation or concealer. A couple of months ago I went along to a beauty event at House of Fraser in Glasgow and managed to catch a demonstration at the UD counter in store. The make-up artist applied the foundation using a brush to buff it into the skin giving a really flawless, even finish, I was instantly sold!! (it doesn’t take much!!) 🙂 The foundation is priced £27.00 and concealer is £17.50, so could be considered a little on the expensive side – you can order both of these online www.houseoffraser.co.uk.
Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Make-Up – £27
What Urban Decay Says: ‘Transform your complexion and discover a flawless finish. Urban Decay understands the balance between luminosity, weightlessness and coverage, combining all three in the Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup. With a demi-matte finish and light-diffusing spheres to help blur imperfections and look like you’ve been professionally retouched, this Naked foundation perfectly compliments your complexion’.
What I like:
- This foundation feels like you have next-to-nothing on your face, its like a breathe of fresh air.
- Blends like a dream giving skin a smooth flawless finish – gorgeous!!
- Medium coverage which is easily buildable without looking cakey.
- Great durability – lasts most of the day even on my oily prone skin.
What I don’t like:
- Consistency is really runny so if your looking to build coverage it does feel like you are putting quite a lot on – if you look at the two pictures above you can see the difference in consistency between the Urban Decay Foundation and my regular MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.
- A little pricey – In my opinion there are better foundations available for a cheaper or similar price.
Naked Concealer – £17.50
What Urban Decay says: ‘Hide even your most scandalous flaws. Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer gives you buildable, even coverage with a luminous, demi-matte finish. Ultra lightweight, this high-tech formula melds like a second skin effect and gives you full coverage in an instant. For complete coverage, just keep building; no matter how much you apply, Naked Skin Concealer always blends beautifully and won’t settle into fine lines’.
What I like:
- Consistency is light and smooth so it blends into the skin really well without highlighting or clogging fine lines.
- One of the best concealers I have used, it gives great coverage whilst feeling as light as a feather.
- Could be considered a little pricey but you definitely get what you pay for with this product – worth every penny!
What I don’t like:
- There is nothing I don’t like about this concealer, its a great buy and Ill definitely be purchasing again.
Are there any great foundations or concealers that you swear by?? Id love to know!!
I hope you have enjoyed reading.
Until next time,